Wednesday, January 29, 2020

What if you ask for help?

Mendhi Audlin's live Facebook group recently asked "What if you ask for help?"  Here is a link to the video:

     What if you ask for help Facebook Live Event

Probably many of us have a problem asking for help or have had at sometime in our lives.  In my family it seemed like it was a sign of weakness if you asked for help.  I'd rather do it myself or no one can do it as good as I can was usually how that showed up.

Over many years of managing people I had to learn to let others do it.  Sometimes they even did it better than I could but either way it meant I didn't have to do it myself which gave me more time to do what was mine to do.

Today I found an interesting article by Forbes which is shown below:

     4 Reasons Why Asking For Help Makes You a Strong, Not Weaker, Leader

I still do some project management on things I am passionate about but for the most part I am glad I am not in the day to day working world and managing people any longer.  I do love to ask my students to share resources they come up with in the classes I facilitate.  It is always interesting to see what they come up with. 

You'll often hear me say to my students:  When I teach, I always learn more from my students then they learn from me.  Usually that comes from there questions.  It definitely keeps my mind active trying to find answers to the questions for which I don't already know the answer.  I'm glad to say that most of the time I do.  It's also ok for me to say: I don't know or I couldn't figure that out.  It doesn't scare me anymore to not know the answer.  When I first started teaching it did.

So can and do you ask for help? How do you feel about asking for help?

Abundant blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment