Sunday, February 2, 2020

The busyness of life

The last two weeks the busyness of life has shown up in many ways in my life.  I am the volunteer coordinator for the homeless shelter here in New Braunfels and often spend one night a week at the Winter Shelter.

This week I am also taking a Mental Health First Aid Class put on for people volunteering at the shelter and presented by Hill Country MHDD.  My workout buddy and I skipped yoga this morning because of this class but I usually do yoga 3 days a week and get my walking in at least 5 days a week.

A family funeral is one of the things that popped up on my schedule that no one was planning.  My step-brother, Dennis, made his transition last week. He was in his late 60s and had been battling cancer for a few years.

He was the only child of my late step-father Arno. My mother and Arno married when they were 83.  They were well suited for each other and Arno's first wife was in my mother and dad's wedding.  Arno had nursed his first wife through many years of dementia and declining health before her passing.  He also took care of my mother until her death in 2004.  So Arno and Lucille had several good years together.

It is amazing how life turns friends into family and family into friends.  Some of my siblings are coming in for the services for Dennis.  My younger sister will be spending one night with me and we will probably go together to see other friends and family and pay our respects.   I did have to rearrange some of my busy schedule to be able to attend the services but after all....that's what family does.

Abundant blessings, peace and love.








No comments:

Post a Comment