Monday, December 12, 2011

Regret #5

Finally, Bronnie writes about regret number five which is:

#5 - I wish I had let myself be happier.

One of her patients "was battling every day to stay positive for her friend, when all she wanted to do was to sob her eyes out every time she visited...I just don't know if I can deal with her sadness on top of my own, I can't carry that too. But you don't have to carry it...just allow her to express herself honestly by not changing the subject when she shares her feelings. She needs to say stuff and all you need to do is allow her to. You don't have to carry it as well. She's not asking you to do that. She just needs to tell you how much she loves you and she can't do it without crying or without you letter her...Soon after, there were many tearful conversations between her and her visitors, but the love that flowed was inspiring. Hearts were opened and though they were breaking in some ways they were healing too, through the expression of low now flowing."

One of the many blessings of Stu and I sharing his final weeks and months together is that we have some wonderful conversations about all sorts of things. These are very spontaneous conversations but bring peace and joy to both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment