Saturday, March 14, 2020

Stop worrying and ways to be happier

As I've gotten older, I don't look or even strive for happiness the way I use to but I am amazed how peace, joy and happiness are part of my life everyday.  I am not sure that comes with getting older but recently one of my fellow travelers told me they got the Wisdom discount instead of the Senior discount and I decided I'll take that label for myself and where I am at in my life.  I am wise and have wisdom today and everyday.

One thing being wiser gets you is you realize that in the scope of things most things that come up just don't matter.  As they always say, will you even remember this is six months or six years.  Also, I've learned that if something does matter or a problem/issue is a bigger issue than worrying about it before it happens does not serve any purpose and can only drive you somewhat crazy.  

For instance, I had a health scare last Fall.  From the time the problem showed up to the time I got the biopsy results it was at least three months with the multiple appointments, doctors and procedures that had to be accomplished.  I did my best to not worry and to not even think about the matter during this time.  It could have required serious medical intervention but in reality all was well and no further intervention was necessary.  Yes, I know, it could have gone the other way but worrying would not have made a difference in the outcome.  Some believe that worrying could actually have created a negative outcome.  You can ponder that for awhile.  All I know is that worrying serves no purpose.

This week, I read an article about being happier and creating more spiritual well-being in your daily life.  A link is included below.  I did find it very useful and it once again highlighted many of spiritual tools I use and have used over the years.

     20 Ways to be Happier in 2020

It started off with a quote and graphic from Eric Butterworth one of the great Unity writers.  He said, Make life an adventure and you will find the Holy Grail of Happiness.  Being more adventurous is one of the things I have begun to do in my life.  For example, I set up my SUV for car camping and have been on a few outings this winter to get ready for a cross country trip I will be making.  I am really looking forward to this adventure.

I shared this article with a dear family member this morning who is going through a year of BIG transformation.  Hopefully, she will gain some insight from it and I hope you will as well.

Love, peace, joy and happiness to you all today and everyday.



















No comments:

Post a Comment