Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Possibilities


For many years Stu and I participated in Landmark Education.  We even met through mutual friends who participated in various courses.  After many years of participating, I finally chose to share in a class that "Landmark had changed my life".  Many people had done this before me but I usually just gagged and thought...I would never do that. 

My first love in Landmark were the Communication Courses and Stu fell in love with them as well.  One of the things we learned about was "at stakeness".  That sounds funny but believe me over time I got it in a thousand ways.  Stu finally completed his first Landmark course in Austin.  I joined him in this course even though I had already taken the course.  In that course, there was the most "at stakeness" I have ever seen in a course including my own.  I stood up and said that by the end of that year, Stu would ask me to marry him...and he did...even thought he said he was never getting married again.

The first Communications course is called Access to Power and some of what they claim you will gain is:
  • Gain an ability to consistently have your conversations be generative and possibility-based versus reaction-based.
  • Experience what it takes to invite others to participate with you in new possibilities.
The Advanced Communications Course The Power To Create.  They teach a complete communications model in these courses.  
  • Discover a new way of listening that allows you to communicate effectively in any conversation, with freedom and peace of mind regardless of the conversation’s content.
  • Experience a dramatically increased level of effectiveness in situations in which you may have previously been ineffective.
  • Gain an ability to consistently have your conversations be generative and possibility-based versus reaction-based.
  • Experience what it takes to invite others to participate with you in new possibilities.
  • Find yourself able to create and/or restore harmony and affinity, at any time, under any circumstance.
  • Discover a new access in being free to fully be yourself in communication with people from all walks of life.
A link to both Communication course descriptions is as follows:  

Even though we loved the Communication Courses we fell in love with the Wisdom Course.  We even took the course four times and shared this experience with a group of people who joined us on this journey which helped us get even more out of the course.  It changed us in many ways but the biggest way was that during the courses we made the decision to retire early and sail off in to the sunset on our 40' sailboat.

Here is a description of the Wisdom course.

Wisdom Unlimited explores the possibilities of untold joy available for the living of your whole life, and that maybe anything else is just a mistake, an oversight, that’s easily corrected.
In this investigation over five weekends we bring together the dimensions of vision, commitment and play, for a great life. A life that contributes to all of humanity.

Here is a link to the Wisdom Course.



And yes, Landmark did change my life: first I got an incredible partner but the most important thing that it did for Stu and I was give us a language to share anything even when it was not comfortable even when we disagreed.
Abundant blessings, peace and joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment