Thursday, December 5, 2019

Do you hear voices?

I think if you are alive you probably hear the voice of your inner critic or some loved one from the past judging you and your actions.  That's probably part of the human condition.  I am glad to say that one of the benefits of growing older is being able to silence my inner critic. She still comes to visit but I can usually thank her for sharing and send her on her way.

My original intention in writing this was not to write about our inner critic but to share my experience of knowing.  I have several friends who say they hear God speak to them.  Not like Charlton Heston, for those of you old enough to remember the movie The Ten Commandments.  But perhaps a little more than that still small voice inside that helps you know what to do and where to turn in times of trouble or when you need to make choices in life. 

For me, I have never had a sense of hearing a voice.  I might describe it as an intuition or clarity of where to turn or what choice to make.  To some people who have traveled with me on my spiritual journey, I have described it as:  "I know in a place where knowing doesn't matter."   Yes, I would call that clarity but never certainty....never voices.

I have learned to respect those who hear these voices.  I don't think for a minute they are making it up.  I have seen time and time again many who listen and move forward in their lives based on the guidance they receive.  I have also seen the peace and comfort that they receive from this communication from the Universe...from God.

It may never be one of my gifts to hear these voices but I have never doubted for a moment that I receive guidance to help me navigate on my journey.

Abundant blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment