Wednesday, August 26, 2009

e-Workshops and e-Lessons

Lately I've been changing course slightly. I've been trying to figure out how to implement a new strategy that we are learning. It is fixed term subscription email training. Stu and I definitely think it has a place in our tool box.

The concept is an e-Workshop with e-Lessons where people will not only learn new skills but actually get the chance to practice each new skill as they proceed through the e-Lessons in each e-Workshop. The fixed term subscription comes in because there is a beginning and an end to each series of lessons or e-Workshops. A place where people can declare that it's time to go forward to the next e-Workshop or that it's time for a break before they move forward.

Today I completed my first e-Lesson. It will be for students of my Never Too Old for Email class and they will receive it for free after they have completed the class. After this first free e-Lesson, people will have the chance to sign up for a fixed term subscription e-Workshop to learn a series of new skills presented to them in weekly e-Lessons.

The idea is technically VERY simple unlike some webinars I have attended on the Internet. A webinar is a seminar that is offered over the Internet and both Stu and I have attended hundreds of these as we went through the last few years of learning stock, option, and Forex trading. I can't tell you how many times a live webinar didn't work for one reason or another. I just got use to watching the recorded versions which seemed to work a lot better.

Anyway, I am in to the EASY BUTTON and so are my students when it comes to technical capabilities. Believe me, EASY is better.

So, I have started down this new road and Stu is not far behind. No telling where it will take us but we are excited about the possibilities.

That's it for today.


In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment