Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lucky's daughter...

I am behind a few days on my blogging but lots of GREAT things have been happening.

Recently I walked in to one of our wonderful senior centers out in the valley of the sun in Arizona. Not only did they want to talk to me about running their computer training area they want to talk to me about expanding their career transition training program. All because I walked in the door and opened my mouth.

Year ago one of Stu's best friend at the time and his wife told Stu in private how lucky I am...that I had won the lottery when I got the computer training manager job at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. For months, Stu did not share this with me because he thought I would be upset. When he finally did, I just laughed out loud. I said I have won the lottery time and time again in my life. I have reached places in my career that I should never have achieved. Gotten many jobs I should never have gotten. Especially since I do not have a college degree.

Not only did that happen at UTMB but has happened many times before and since. Rather then winning the lottery, the truth is probably closer to...I am good at seeing possibility and converting that in to opportunity. Now, I can even do that fairly quickly and come up with a plan to solve these problems or opportunities just as quickly. When you come up with a plan to solve someone's problems you can win the lottery almost every time. So, you have to pick and choose when and where you play the game.

I am not the only one in my family who has this gift. I am beginning to know two of my sisters in new ways and they both are expanding their gifts in this area as well. It must be a talent we learned when we were young from Lucky and/or Lucy our parents.

My husband, Stu, is known for his Stuism's and this week he came up with a new one when I was sharing with him about winning the lottery again. I said I am just a lucky girl and he said...no you are Lucky's daughter and so it is.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment