Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We got some of that there stimulus money

Stu and I finally broke down and decided to buy a new AC/Heat unit. Ours was over 15 years old. We started talking to the guy about adding a new whole-house evaporator cooling system to our house and ended up signing for a new AC/Heat unit. Between the federal and local rebates we will get about $1500 back. This made the more expense unit we purchased the same price as the regular replacement unit and it is a lot more bang for our buck.

We will even get our utility room air conditioned and cooled in the process. I have figured out several ways to make this in to a nice guest room without spending much money on it at all. The BIG purchase will be buying a new bed for my office and then I can put the trundle bed from there in the new guest room. I can also put the desk I just got at a garage sale out there as well. It will be an even nicer art space and work space for Stu as well as my laundry room. Can't wait for it to be air conditioned. I have been doing laundry out there in the summer with out A/C for three summers. It will be GREAT.

So we are doing our part for the economy. Have you done anything yet?

That's all for today.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment