Friday, November 22, 2019

Thanksgiving attracts our good to us

Being thankful is all around us at this time of the year with the actual holiday coming up soon.

Several years ago, when I first started going to Unity Church, I read The Quest by Richard and Mary-Alice Jafolla.  The book is designed to be done over one year but of course I completed it more quickly.  

What I realized as I progressed through the book is that I had been practicing Unity principles for over thirty years.  It was at that time, I knew that I wanted to become a Licensed Unity Teacher (LUT) and began a three year spiritual journey to complete the requirements for licensing.  A journey that has changed my life in so many ways and continues to do so.

Below is an excerpt from the book in an article about Thanksgiving:

"When we give thanks, we are really giving our blessing. Like sunflowers turning toward the sun, giving thanks turns our hearts toward our good.

We know the power of thanksgiving on a human, emotional plane. We all like to be appreciated and thanked. It motivates us and opens us up to do better.

On a spiritual plane, when we are sincerely thankful to God for the good we have and the good in store for us, thanksgiving takes on an even more attracting power. Like a powerful magnet, thanksgiving attracts our good to us."
A link to the full article about Thanksgiving including a four step exercise you can practice to bring more good in to your life follows:
     https://www.unity.org/resources/articles/thanksgiving

In case you are interested in finding out more about the book The Quest: A Journey of Spiritual Rediscovery, here is something I found to give you an idea of what is included.  



The book is available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle formats.  Here is a link to my Self Care Book List on Amazon which includes this book as well as several others that we used in the Self Care Class I recently facilitated at Unity of New Braunfels.

     Cathy's Self Care Book List

May you and yours be blessed with a joyous Thanksgiving season and may you count your many blessings now and always.  I know I do and I count my circle of very close friends and family as one of my greatest blessings today and everyday and I am also thankful for so many other blessings in my life.
















No comments:

Post a Comment