Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Abundantly blessed

I am reminded often about the many blessings in my life and have even written about some of these and the people who are important to me and make a difference in my life. This week, I want to say thank you, thank you, thank you God for our wonderful volunteers at Unity of New Braunfels.  

My church provided volunteers three nights recently when the Homeless Cold Weather Shelter was activated which is housed at another church.  I had all the volunteers I needed before I sent out the official request for the first two nights.  They provided evening and morning meals and overnight hosts and other duties.   

The third night was Saturday night and somewhat unexpected.  I did have to scramble for volunteers but new people stepped up and filled every evening and morning slot.  Late Saturday morning I did not have an overnight host.  When I drove to the gas station and I looked up there was my new friend Girard from another church.  He and I just laughed when we saw each other.  Yes, he did spend the night at the shelter with me on Saturday night.

One of the many blessings I got during this week is that I only had to spend one of the three nights at the shelter because Girard and Michael (another new friend) stepped up and took a few overnight slots.   I was there both evenings and mornings just to make sure everyone knew what they were doing. I coordinate volunteers for my church and for the entire cold weather shelter.

At UoNB we are blessed to have people who step up and and say YES when needed to help in so many ways. It is wonderful to be part of such a giving commUNITY that makes a difference in the world in many, many ways...and to have a few extra people who my church has adopted to fill in if needed.

Abundant blessings, peace and joy to you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment