Friday, January 24, 2020

Action, Contemplation and Prayer

A recent post from the Center of Action and Contemplation hit home.  One quote says:

...the desert fathers and mothers believed that prayer was a disposition of wholeness, so that “prayer and our life must be all of a piece.” 

It goes on to say something I have always believed.  There is no right way to pray but our life should reflect what we believe, how we serve and what we do in and with our lives.

A link to the complete article is included below.

     A Practical Two Fold Process

Unity believes in Affirmative Prayer and I believe in affirmations and am very positive about my life and most things in it.  I will probably never consider myself an expert in affirmative prayer but I have some incredible role models that have shown me the way and helped me improve as I continue my journey.  Here is an article from Unity about:

     What Is Affirmative Prayer?

Just today I learned the name of the type of prayer I usually choose.  It's called Two-Way Prayer which was written about by the Oxford Group.  I believe this was first written in the 1930's.

     Two Way Prayer - How To Listen to God

When I began to research it I found a number of very good sites of practical ways to use Two Way Prayer from some 12-step program information. Here is one I found very useful.  

     How to Practice Two-Way Prayer

In my opinion, this is the type of prayer that the Center for Action and Contemplation practices and writes daily posts to help you put this into practice in your life.

Hopefully, this will give you some things to contemplate about your own prayer and contemplation practices.  I often find it useful to change up and upgrade my prayer practice.  It help me see what is working and what is not working for me.

Abundant blessings.















No comments:

Post a Comment