Sunday, June 7, 2009

Conquered the 10' Pontoon

Stu and I spent two days putting together our new 10' Fish Cat Four fishing Pontoon. The instructions were the WORST I have ever seen. They did exists but that was about it. The best part was a picture of the finished product on the front cover. We succeeded in putting it together after making a number of mistakes. We only have one seat part that is still a mystery. We even took some pictures of it after it was put together. We are planning a pulley system in the garage so we don't have to take the frame apart ever again. We figured out that it would not fit on top of the van an be able to drive the van in to the garage. So, it will probably go on top of the pop-up camper until we upgrade to an RV again. For now the pop-up works well for our fly fishing outings which we try to go on every month.

I am definitely looking for a used class B RV or a small class C. The rig I will find may be more then 10 years old if I can figure out how to get it certified to go in to any campground. I am also looking for a 22' to 26' rig. I would like to do some artsy fartsy stuff to it like my friends Eddy & Paulette did to their rigs. Eddy actually built her travel trailer from scratch. Paulette bought an old Shasta that she renovated. Both of these ladies are members of AZ Flycasters. Paulette is a member of Sister on the Fly as well. Anyway we are beginning to take our fly fishing somewhat seriously. Most of the members of our club are VERY serious. I just started a new Facebook group for the club.

I'll be teaching a Vista 101 computer class this week. It is my first time I will be teaching this at the computer club. My new class, You Are Never Too Old for E-mail is on the schedule 3 times at the computer club and 3 times at my house this summer. Once, at my house before I leave for Texas. I also have it on the schedule when I am in Texas at 2 different locations. Once in New Braunfels and once in Houston/Pearland. My new training/coaching business is definitely picking up steam. Stu has taken over my trading/investing and I am focusing on my training/coaching business full time. I'll be doing some tech courses and some not tech courses. I'll also be partnering with some of my favorite people on some of these courses.

That's all for today.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. It was an interesting and mostly annoying assembly experience. We are planning to also invest in a two wheeled cart to make it "girl friendly" for launching into a lake. It has a motor mount for a trolling motor so we already bought one of those. I will use a float tube and swim fins for fishing.
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so blessed to have Stu as my partner!!! May the Universe grant us as much time together as possible.

    143
    C

    ReplyDelete