Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ready to hit the road & class notes

The car is packed and we are ready to hit the road for Texas. I just have one meeting at 11:00 am, then we'll eat lunch and start driving.

My new class, You Are Never Too Old for Email, went GREAT yesterday. Only two students showed up and one no show. I did have three helpers including Stu.

I learned several things yesterday teaching this class to newbies. You need one helper for each student. Also, I will teach from the handout and only use the computer for welcoming students and showing some live Google Gmail screens. This seemed to be a BIG help to the students.

Stu set up the two Google Gmail addresses at the beginning of the class. This worked out VERY well. Thanks Stu. We learned a few things not to do on this part also.

Other then a few little lessons learned the class was outstanding. The students, helpers and I ended the class with a glass of wine to celebrate. They all know I am GTT today.

See you around.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment