Friday, June 26, 2009

Miracles of modern technology

My best friend David has a beautiful B&B in the country just outside of New Braunfels which is near San Antonio. I think it is one of the prettiest places in Comal County. Let me know if you have any interest in finding out about his place.

Having said all those nice things, I can barely get cell phone access at his house. I have to stand in the driveway in a certain spot to talk to anyone which I have been doing this morning.

My sisters and I are trying to make all the final arrangements for a joyful family reunion at least for our own immediate families. Many of my grandfathers living decendents are gathering as we do every two years to visit. I never new my grandpareents. They were dead before I was born but the clan does like to gather. There should be more than 60 of us here from all parts of the country. I am not in charge of the reunion and I have no idea how many people are coming. I am volunteering to host it in two years when we meet again.

One of the miracles of modern technology is that I am actually connecting to the internet on my Cricket air time card. I am in the middle of the drive way in a nice shady spot. David only has dial up in his house and I will NEVER ever ever use dial up again.

So if there are mistakes in this post please forgive me. The sun does provide some glare on my computer screen...even though I am in the shade.

Here is to joyous family gatherings that are FUN and relaxed.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment