Saturday, June 20, 2009

Monsoon is here

In Arizona we have the monsoon season. That means it rains for a few months occasionally and we get BIG dust storms some times too. The reason you know the monsoon is here is the humidity is up above 20%. I know, I know...that is a good day in Houston but not in Phoenix. We talk a lot in Phoenix about whether the monsoon is here yet or not. Everyone has a different way to count.

Today on my walk, I stopped at my friend Beverly's house for a short visit. I was actually sweating. I usually drink a glass of water at her house but today the sweat was pouring off me. That is VERY unusual. So I declare, the monsoon is here.

My schedule is winding down in anticipation of my trip to Texas. I only have a few meetings and one class left before Thursday morning when we leave for Texas.

We'll be back between the 14th & 16th of July. Just not sure how things will turn out when we are there. My one class in Houston/Pearland just turned in to two classes today already. I need to check on my New Braunfels class today and see how it is doing. To see how many those Texas girls let in the classes. You know it is hard to keep us Texas girls under control. We love to do it our way...I don't think that is just a baby boomer thing but when you put boomer and Texas girl together you better watch out. We are going to break every rule in the book...especially if we don't know what the rules are and/or the rules don't make sense. Bring it on!!!!!

We just signed up for a Cricket airtime card yesterday so we can access the internet on the road. About $40 a month with no commitment and no cell phone plan. Cheaper with a cell phone plan. It doesn't work every where AT&T & Verizon do but it will give us better internet access while we are in Texas. At my best friend David's house we cannot always get cell phone service (beautiful B&B in the hill country) and he only has dial up internet access. I will NEVER do dial up again. I will go cold turkey off the internet if that is the only way to access our stuff. So, we are giving Cricket a spin. I'll let you know how it goes. We can cancel Cricket if we don't like it with very little out-of-pocket expense. Bottom line is I may not be able to post every day while we are in Texas but I will try to do what I can, when I can. Some places I am staying will definitely have "indoor" high speed internet right at my fingertips...some places will not.

GTT soon!!!!

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment