Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nothing wrong here and there is no place to get

What a concept to get and remember when you need to remember. There is nothing wrong here and there is no place to get.

Right now I am running and playing full out to get my classes and coaching business up and running. I have my first new class, "You Are Never Too Old for E-mail" on the calendar six times in Sun City and once in Houston/Pearland. I am still trying to get some other classes set up in New Braunfels and/or Conroe while I am in Texas. I don't remember when I have had so much FUN. But, this morning I had to remind myself of something I learned many years ago ...there is nothing wrong here and that is no place to get.

This really applies to everything in life. It is the journey that matters. I was running so fast this morning trying to get things done before we have lunch with some friends I was out of breadth. I sat down in my new AB Lounge 2 chair. Some of the extra seating for my office that I got at a garage sale for $15 recently. I took a few deep breadths and this concept came back in to my mind. Thank you universe.

As I said, this really applies to everything in life. Especially my dieting and/or not dieting. I have not dieted in over 15 years. I was ok (complete) with my weight. This year Stu and I both joined The Best Life plan in January to get a better handle on our eating and our weight. TheBestLife.com is run by Bob Greene, Oprah's diet guy and you get to make up most of the rules. Stu has lost some weight but I don't even keep up with his journey. I have now lost over 23 pounds as of this week. If I had to say one thing that made the difference, it was/is logging my food every day. Stu and I still like to go out to eat 3-4 times per week. I know the general calorie count of everything I put in my mouth or at least my food log does. Before, I NEVER logged my food, in years and years of dieting and have lost 100's of pounds on other diet plans. Some of those pounds over and over. That's one reason I quit dieting 15 years ago. At the time, I put exercise and reasonably healthy eating in to my life and I decided that I would weigh what I weigh. This year, I have uped my exercise intensity but not the time and eat even more healthy. I walk 7-9 hours per week. Even in the Phoenix sun. Outside in the morning and at the rec center in the afternoon. It doesn't matter how little time you walk. Just get started twice a day. Even five minutes if that is all you can do to start. Not surprising, my doctor lowered my medications recently. Now that's a reason to walk. I don't even log my food anymore unless I gain weight in a given week. I call it penance for having sinned and I do sin on this eating plan. I just know what the cost will be if I eat too much....for one thing I will have to do my penance for another I won't feel as good.

Anyway try using the concept: There is nothing wrong here and there is no place to get. Try using it for a week and see if things change for you in an area of your life you are struggling with and/or over worked from.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment