Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tell Me, What Is Great About Your Life?

What a week, what a month. My life is going at rocket ship speed right now. It is not just because I am getting ready for my semi-annual trip to Texas but that does put a deadline on a number of things.

Stu and I have three gatherings planned before we leave for Texas in late June. Two at our house and one at a cousin's house. Stu's brother Wally and his wife Greta will be over for Greta's B-day party on Friday night. Our friends Alice and Ginny will join us at this gathering. I am making chicken curry and we started cooking some of this yesterday.

Saturday night we are hosting some friends for a BBQ dinner and their two teenage sons are coming along for the fun. Olinda, David and the boys have become GOOD friends of ours over the last two years and we are even becoming better friends recently. David is going to be in the same train-the-trainer class with me in Los Angeles in October.

Sunday night we go to a first and second cousins houses for another BBQ dinner. Carmen is Stu's first cousin and her son Bobby and his wife Cindy live next door sort of and they have two delightful teenage sons or almost teenage sons. Bobby and Cindy have moved back to Phoenix full-time this year and Carmen still pretends she lives in Fortuna, CA but has more than one house here in the West Valley. We tried to get in a fly fishing trip with the Smith's but that will have to wait until we return to the valley.

That is not what is keeping us/me busy. This is just the family and friends part. Before I leave for Texas, I will have designed and taught my new class, You Are Never Too Old for Email, two times. Once at the computer club next week and once at my house the following week. This class is also on the schedule twice in Texas. Once in New Braunfels at the Westside Community Center and once in Houston/Pearland at the Bella Vita Club House. Teaching another class at the club, designing and teaching my new class, and drafting my new coaching agreement are just part of what is keeping me dancing the dance. It has been a long time since I have run and played so fast and hard but I am loving it. I know it is part of what I am here on this earth to do...my dance.

Hope to see you before I leave for Texas or just as good in Texas. There is a part of my heart that will always be in Texas. When Sam Houston, one of the founders of Texas, left Tennessee for Texas in 1829, I believe that is when the old saying "Gone to Texas" originated...to the best of my knowledge. In the 1970's people wrote on their cars GTT. That was the boom days in Texas when I was still in the red hot banking business and loving it. We all know what happen to that industry in the mid-1980's...life goes on even after 20+ years in the banking business. Funny, I hardly remember those days. Now most of you think that computers are my life but that is not true either. I have a full, wonderful life even if I never touched another computer...but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.. God willing. There are some not tech courses in my near future. For one thing, I am going to partner with one of my cousins in Texas who is a master in the area of formal education. She and I have a plan...or at least the beginning of a plan.

So now you know why some days I just write about what is REALLY going on in my life...not the things I intended or planned to write about here.

Have a GREAT day and a GREAT life. Tell me what you love about your life. I started to wear the hat with this pin on it again. It is a wonderful hat with a story all it own but the pin says...Tell Me, What Is Great About Your Life? If you can't think of a lot of GREAT things, tell me just one. There is bound to be at least one thing.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment