Friday, May 29, 2009

Great anniversary outing

Stu and I spent today, our 16th wedding anniversary, together on a FUN outing. We started out the day at the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix. The Chihuly: The Nature of Glass exhibit is in its final days at the garden. We saw a number of incredibly beautiful pieces. We actually left the garden before noon because the heat finally got to us. We definitely went prepared with hats, water, snacks, cameras etc. Stu rented a scooter to ride around on. By the time we left, I wished I had rented one as well. We should have gone to see the exhibit earlier in the spring but it was still worth it to go. We both realized that a night tour of the garden would be even more beautiful.

After leaving the garden we went to one of the best meals I have ever had. We went to Lon's restaurant at the Hermosa. Thank you Danny White, one of our trading mentors, for the recommendation. We had a leisurely two hour lunch with a nice bottle of wine, lots of ambience, and as I said some of the best food I have had in a long time. Certainly the best I have ever had in the Valley of the Sun.

A beautiful way to celebrate another GREAT year together.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment