Thursday, May 28, 2009

Poem from sailing days

When Stu and I first retired in 1997, we lived aboard our 38' sailboat and sailed the east coast and the caribbean. We always planned to spend 6 months a year on the boat and 6 months a year in Costa Rica or Mexico. We had no other home for two years except the boat and a few casitas.

In preparing for the live aboard life style we read many books. Must of which we still own. Just for old times sake. The poem below was one that came in to my life as our retirement date approached.

For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my alloted time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed by fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze. Author Unknown

We chose then as we still do dip and soar in the breeze. This goes for sailing as well as other areas in our life.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment