Sunday, May 17, 2009

Using your best judgment....that's a good thing

We've been taught since we were babies to use our judgment or at least to try to use good judgment. In all likelihood using your good judgment has kept you out of a lot of trouble in your life just like it has me.

The kind of judgment I'll be sharing about today is not the "good" kind. It's the kind where you are critical about everything somebody else does. Where your way is right and their way is wrong not matter if it is about cooking mushrooms, making tea, or your sports bra. Believe me I am talking from first hand experience here about some of my dear friends and family who often think they are right about everything. It's there way or the highway. This may happen more then we care to remember in our close relationships and with our families.

What I want to say sometimes to people like this is who appointed you king or queen of the universe but I only just recently made that up. It's ok if I wear that sports bra etc. etc. etc. Lighten up a little bit. Chill out. Don't worry be happy. Life is too short. Forgive me and forgive yourself we are all doing the best we can. I love you but there might just be more than one way to do it and I'll betcha there is no "right" way to do it.

Hopefully, I've made my point for the day but I would love to hear your opinion, questions, comments. Just post them right here or send me an e-mail and remember to roll with the flow.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. What a huge concept. We've discussed it a million times. In my opinion, we as parents have to try to teach integrity to our children -- to do what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it -- but past that I don't think we should be dictating to other adults that they should be doing things a certain way. Too tired from work to say much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Integrity is such a huge concept. I plan to start that conversation as a blog post soon but the Universe just keeps sending me in different directions...and I am having FUN. Plus, I am BUSY getting ready for my trip to Texas. Can't wait to see everyone.

    ReplyDelete