Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ya, ya, ya but they did this to me

You're saying ya but so and so did this and that to me. Just get over it and move on.

One of my spiritual guides Marianne Williamson says it best in two of her recent podcasts. A link to these is included below. I do not know how these links will work and/or not work but if you are interested give it a try. If they don't work, first sign up for Marianne's free daily podcasts for yourself on Oprah.com. Just look under the Radio tab and select Marianne Williamson and sign up for her daily e-mails. Second, contact me and we will attempt to figure out how to get them to work. If you use these links you will get an advertisement from Oprah.com at the beginning of each podcast.

Anger and Revenge 5/19/09

The Big Mistake 5/20/09

Just listen to both of these and see if you have it in you to open up your heart and to forgive. I believe it is only yourself you are hurting when you don't forgive. When you hold grudges. When you can't forgive the past, present, or future.

Would love to hear how you feel and what you think. There is a comment field at the bottom of each post in the middle. Post your comments here or send me an e-mail if you would rather not share your comments in public so to speak.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. My preacher in Wimberley said if we harbor the anger and resentment, we are giving the person we are harboring those feelings about a rent-free place to live in our hearts. It's not hurting them, it' only hurting us.

    I was recently overcome with a wave of hatred and anger. At a Good Friday service I left it all at the foot of The Cross and it literally went away. Try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we have discussed recently, I declared my Christianity again while I was working full-time for Habitat for Humanity but I steer pretty clear of organized religion for the most part. Your story about leaving your hatred and anger at the foot of The Cross is a GREAT one. It shows how one can turn their sorrows and their burdens over to God and/or Christ and live a much happier, worry-free life.

    ReplyDelete