Thursday, May 21, 2009

Past conversations for me...Habitat for Humanity

This morning the universe gave me time off from journaling to find something I already had. Finding things I already have has happened a lot lately. I am creating my office/bedroom sanctuary, front porch sanctuary, art room, and I have re-purposed many things lately.

Back to what I found. I found one of the most powerful conversations I have ever had the honor and privilege to play in. It was a rolled up on a flip chart that had hundreds of pictures I had collected. It was for a talk about "Why Do You Love Habitat?" I use to give this talk when I traveled around in my Habitat world. That is why it was in the flip chart tube. The pictures were in excellent shape. They were all mounted on colored paper and pasted on a flip chart. I was able to do my dog and pony show for Habitat just about anywhere the spirit called me.

Well I took all the pictures off the flip chart pages with the colored paper that I used to make a mat and put each flip chart page in a zip lock bag so I could corral that group of pictures and that thought. I now have them placed under my old "live aboard" books. I knew they would come in handy for something. I used these to flatten out the pictures. Once flattened out I am going to scan and put this in to a Powerpoint presentation and offer to do this presentation again for Habitat for Humanity. I may do something else with the actual pictures as well. Hmm!

One reason we left Habitat for Humanity International is because we didn't want to live in Americus, Georgia which was the only place you could play at the time with HFHI. Four years of that was enough. Even though I met some wonderful people there and had a GREAT time. I even got in touch with my Christianity there. But Stu and I left Americus and moved back to Texas ready to start over without Habitat. That's when Stu got a job with them as Affiliate Support Manager for southeast Texas and Louisiana. I also went back to work for them as an extended volunteer doing the accounting help desk. Life happened. Reorgs happened and full time Habitat was in our past.

We still play with this community. We are even on the Subject Expert Team (SET) and get to participate from time to time when they remember we are out here. I am and always have been committed to having the Habitat for Humanity conversation live outside the little boxes that "they" have to put you in to get you to play in their game. Even though it is an incredibly BIG game. It covers almost every county in the world. I don't think they are building in outer space yet. But like I say I don't play there everyday anymore so I am not sure.

So watch out Habitat, I am back in the game. Even if you don't have a place BIG enough for me to play. A place where I can be free to have fun and play and share Habitat the way I want to share Habitat. This revamped presentation is going to live in a way and in such a place that will call Habitat to be in a new way for me and others who love Habitat. To be a new way that never existed before. You know how I know...because I said so.

I'm back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment