Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rumors of Stu's demise are greatly exaggerated

Stu wants me to share with you that rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated. Yes, he is not doing as well as he use to. I think that goes for all of us. He is on oxygen at night and carries it with him some times in case he chooses to use it. He is still able to get on the treadmill at the gym and exercise. He just told me to tell you that the doctor said he can't play ultimate frisbee anymore. He and I have both lost some weight this year so that is making life a little easier for us.

At a recent seminar I attended, I did get in touch with my feelings about his declining health. I've always know I'll probably have to travel this road without him but I just am not and wasn't planning on it anytime soon. He and I have been together for nearly 18 years. Who'd a thunk it. It has been and continues to be an incredible relationship. He wraps my gypsy soul in his loving arms.

Thank you God for allowing Stu and I to share this journey together. Thank you for the blessing he is in my life. May I be able to keep him, his wonderful mind, great wit, and incredible sense of humor with me as long as possible.

When and if it comes time to travel this road alone, I know I will get by with a little help from my friends.

Thank you friends and fellow travelers.

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment