Friday, July 3, 2009

Joyous family reunion

We had about 60 people from my grandfather and grandmother's families at the reunion. We have this every two years. I never new my grandparents. They were both dead before I was born. This is my mother's family. She had four full sisters and one brother and three half brothers and one half sister. So when I was growing up we had lots of Aunts and Uncles and cousins to play with. It was a wonderful childhood. Only one of my Aunts and Uncles and their families lived outside of New Braunfels. They were citrus farmers in the valley and lived in Carizzo Springs, TX. At least once or twice a year we got a car trip to Carizzo to really have fun with our out of town cousins. They also came to visit us many times a year. We thought we owned the world when we were kids...and in a way we did. It would be GREAT if everyone could/would have such a blessed childhood.

Anyway, none of our parents generation are still living so I consider us older ones the second generation. This generation ranges in age right now from 92 to 58 and we do enjoy getting together. We came from Phoenix but some of my cousins came from California, Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Florida.

I was able to talk to several of my cousins about reinventing my training and coaching business. Gerald and I talked a lot about my and Stu's business consulting/coaching and they invited us to the winery after our trip to LA in October to help Gerald restructure his consulting business and to see the winery.

I was also able to talk with my cousin Sandye and my cousin Bill about partnering with me on some courses. We all have VERY busy schedules but that will develop more after we return to Phoenix. Both of them are interested in partnering.

So yes, it was a family reunion but some of my relatives and close friends are my favorite business people. I love partnering with people I care about and love having fun. I heard it more than once during my trip...if it ain't FUN and it ain't PROFITABLE...I don't want to do it and I plan to do both at the same time with people I care about and respect as GREAT business men and women and I know for sure we will have FUN and make some MONEY.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment