Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lake Dunlap compound & Jedi masters

I will be traveling to Texas more in the future. One of my good friends for over 30 years, who is a Harvard MBA, and his mother, Liz (my second mother), who I have know for over 40 years have offered to let me stay at their Lake Dunlap compound...at little to no cost.

Their property is on a damned-up part of the Guadalupe river called Lake Dunlap which starts in New Braunfels and ends half way to Seguin. They have 120 feet of the most beautiful lake front property that you can imagine with several buildings/ places that can be used for accommodations and they have agreed to let me use one. As I have already said...a BIG TEXAS thank you to you both.

Liz is 92 years old and I have known her since I was married to my first husband. She was my part-time neighbor. She and her late husband, Dan, taught me how to garden, cook, and freeze/can vegetables among many other things. She literally was like a second mother to me and there were times I needed mothering during those years of my life because my first marriage was ending at that time. Liz mostly lives in San Antonio with a friend and spends the summers in Prescott, Arizona with her daughter and her husband. Daughter Nancy, lives in Sun City West the rest of the year.

Life has a way of keeping GOOD friends for a LONG time...at least in my life. The son, Dan, and I met shortly after he sold his VERY profitable business in the Dallas area. After that he worked in Europe, Houston, and finally Aspen before he decided work wasn't fun anymore...at least not working for someone else. Like I said, he is a brilliant business man with a Harvard MBA. He enjoys sharing his thoughts and wisdom with good friends and family and is or has been active on several community board of directors.

Dan is one of three outstanding business coaches that I have. Dan, my long-time friend Joe who use to be a Texas banker, and my husband Stu. I consider all three of these guys Jedi masters and they each have a special niche and I hope I can play with all of them until they and/or I die. As long as I am alive, they will live in my heart as friends and fellow business warriors. I love you all.

I told you my Texas trip has been VERY interesting and a VERY successful business trip. That's why I am reporting one post at a time. It will help make up for all those days I missed when I was in the beautiful Texas hill country.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment