Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Skype, MajicJack, Vonage what else???

Well after several unsuccessful attempts, I finally got my new Houston Skye number working. The number is 281-617-2593. Soon I hope to have the voice mail working with it so someone can leave a message.

I already have a MajicJack number that I have been using for my recorded line number in Phoenix. It is 623-255-7135. I just forwarded that to my new Skype number. I also just applied for another MajicJack number for San Antonio and/or New Braunfels. That order is not complete yet. Both of these numbers will be forwarded to my new Houston, Skype number so people may actually get me on the phone instead of a recording when I am available.

Yes, we have a Vonage phone number at the house. That number is 623-399-8456. It is our main phone number for both personal and business use. Our Vonage number is only about $26 a month plus tax and includes unlimited long distance to the US and Canada. By far, it is the best quality.

You do need high speed Internet access for all three of these and here is how I would rate the three:

Vonage Best quality Higher Cost
Skype Good quality Lower Cost
MajicJack Poor quality at times Lowest Cost

Of course, I do have an AT&T cell phone. This number is 623-229-2472 but Stu and I have not had a regular land line in many years. These are WAY to expensive for us. We did try out a cable phone when we first moved to Phoenix but Vonage is as reliable, has more features, is a good bit cheaper and has unlimited long distance.

My favorite feature with Vonage, that I have not found anywhere else is called SimulRing. When our home/business Vonage number is called it rings at the same time on my cell phone or any other number(s) I choose. This means I don't have to worry about missing any calls when I am out and about. This also means that if my Internet goes down I will have a working phone, my cell phone.

Hope I haven't totally confused you. If you have any questions about phone options, let me know.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment