Saturday, July 11, 2009

Starting to head west today

We are starting to head a little West today...going from Houston to Austin. Tomorrow we should make it at least as far as El Paso. This is one of our usual watering holes. We should be home and open for business by Tuesday morning.

As I have said, the trip has been one business miracle after another and I have the opportunity for a few more before I leave the Austin/San Antonio area.

Not in any particular order these are some of the GREAT and wonderful things that have happened on our trip.

1) Taught three Never Too Old for Email classes - two of these were a nine and one was good enough. We had some internet difficulties on one but we recovered gracefully.

2) I am negotiating with the Hispanic community center in my hometown to run one of their underutilized computer classrooms.

3) In Pearland I found a place to offer seminars and they said it is ok for me to charge for these with little expense.

4) In the Houston museum district, I have a larger seminar location destination arranged that is large enough for at least 100 to 200 people, if necessary.

5) Found a new place in Conroe to offer my free seminar and the possibility of another place that is very nice that can seat a good size small group.

6) I was able to confer with three of my four Jedi master business coaches several times. I am making a plan to bring #4 back in to my life...at least by phone and not just email.

7) I found a GREAT place to live in Texas that is not with relatives. It will also be virtually free. It is right on a small lake on the Guadalupe river in the Texas hill country and I've know some of this family for over 35 years. One of my Jedi master business coaches lives on the property.

Today we go to a wrap up session for the Morguelan Energy Institute in Austin and an art opening for my almosta famous artist sister Margo. She got picked in a juried show in Austin called "What Texas Means to Me". Go girl!

Sunday we start heading further west...hopefully at least to El Paso. That makes the next and final day fairly short by Texas driving standards.

In joyful partnership,

Cathy

cathy.the.teacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment